Real Estate Yarraville
Yarraville, the enchanting and trendy suburb
It’s easy to feel wistful about a bygone era when strolling through Yarraville’s charmingly narrow, urban streets and surrounded by enchanting Edwardian and Victorian architecture. A trendy suburb, Yarraville appeals to families, couples and singles desiring an urban lifestyle with a strong community feel.
Yaraville’s unique atmosphere is anchored by the Sun Theatre, which opened in 1938 and features beautifully restored art deco architecture. But there are less obvious historical treasures hiding behind every corner: the old Yarraville post office (which opened in 1871), the historical Yarraville railway station, and the local iconic Sun Bookshop with its wonderful, nostalgic vibe, where book-lovers can enjoy a cosy hideout and soak up the written word.
Yarraville’s past, present and future all converge in the Yarraville Village. Anderson and Ballarat Streets, peppered with stylish boutiques, cafes and restaurants, showcase refurbished 19th century architecture. The Village provides an eclectic shopping experience, offering everything from fashion to wines and gourmet foods. Home to many award winning restaurants, it offers many culinary delights from around the world from Greek, Italian and modern Australian to Indian, Cambodian, Thai and Chinese.
Yarravile’s highlights and essentials
- A short train ride to the Melbourne CBD
- Bus routes connecting Yarraville to the wider Melbourne region
- Numerous public and private schools options (Yarraville West Primary School, Wembley Primary School, St Augustine’s Primary School, Yarraville Special Developmental School)
- Yarraville Community Centre and Yarraville Swim Centre (wide range of resources, classes, and activities for all ages)
- Many parks (Angliss Reserve, Beaton Reserve, Cruickshank Park, Hanmer Reserve, McIvor Reserve, Yarraville Gardens, and the Yarraville Oval.)
- Beautiful Markets with handmade and local Australian made crafts
- Yarraville Festival with family fun, street performances, carnival amusements and art exhibitions
Yarraville, a high value Real Estate investment
From workers cottages to newly renovated Edwardians and modern apartments, Yarraville offers a wide range of options for singles, couples and families. Houses for sale in Yarraville have a median price tag of $774,000.
Compton Green, a Yarraville suburb expert
As an award winning real estate agency, Compton Green are experts in Yarraville real estate, delivering consistently excellent outcomes for our clients. Whether you are looking for a home to raise a family, a comfortable apartment for one or two people, or a shop for lease in Yarraville, we can help you find the perfect property. Our experienced team will ensure that you sell your property for the best return on investment possible.