At Compton Green, we love what we do; but we also want to do it in a way that leaves things better than we found them. From this desire to make a positive impact, our Goes Green initiative was born. Now running since 2007, our Goes Green checklist provides cost savings to owners and renters; plus, it’s really good for the environment, so everybody wins! That makes us happy.
Prospective buyers are beginning to expect specific energy, water and recycling features as standard. Vendors need to ensure sustainability improvements have been made to their property to meet such expectations. Such features include:
- Modern, well-maintained, low-energy aircon and heating units
- Low-energy lighting
- Insulation and draught sealing
- Double-glazed windows
- Smart home technology adaptability and connectivity
Here are some additional tips from our ‘Goes Green’ Initiative:
- Ensure all toilets are dual flush in all bathrooms.
- Install a water tank on the property.
- Install a grey-water system.
- Ensure you recycle as much as possible. Use recycle bins for green waste and other recyclable materials.
- Set up a compost bin or worm farm as well as your own vegetable garden.
MAJOR APPLIANCES & ENERGY
- Are your air conditioning and heating units up to date with servicing requirements?
- Ensure you have low energy light bulbs throughout the home.
Simply put, this will save tens of thousands of litres of water, minimise land fill and save electricity. The aim is for us to encourage the entire real estate industry to have a significant and positive impact on our environment. Which is a win for everyone - this makes us happy!